Employment and Professional Activities 2011-2012
- SAB, in Arnhem, Amsterdam and Eindhoven, the Netherlands. Office for urban and regional planning, urban design, landscape architecture and the environment. Position: Senior consultant, urban planner and designer, consultant in sustainable development.
- Registered as Urban Designer in the Register of Architects, registration number 2.890201.001 (since 1989).
- Chair of the Committee on Sustainable Urbanism of the Netherlands professional organisations of urban planning and design (NVTL and BNSP).
- Vice President of BNSP, the Netherlands professional organisation of urban planning and design.
- Bureau Member of ISOCARP, the International Society of City and Regional Planners (until October 2011).
- Vice President Urban Planning Advisory Teams (UPATs) of ISOCARP, the International Society of City and Regional Planners (from October 2011).
- Member of the Jury for the ISOCARP Awards of Excellence 2012.
- Member of the appointment advisory committee for the vacancy of professor in Environmental Design and Technology at the Department of Urbanism, Faculty of Architecture, TU Delft, 2012.
Design and Consultancy Projects 2011-2012
- Preselecting the (500+) entries for the Philips Livable Cities Award commissioned by The Philips Center for Health and Well-being, November 2010-April 2011.
- Spatial development strategy, urban design and landscaping of Hutten-Zuid and DRU Industriepark, the transformation and redevelopment of industrial heritage of two iron industries site in Ulft, commissioned by the Municipality of Oude IJsselstreek.
- Inspirational development strategy for the recreational and creative transformation of the Industry Harbour Area in ‘s-Hertogenbosch, commissioned by the Urban Planning Bureau of the Municipality of ‘s-Hertogenbosch.
- Coordinator and team member of the ISOCARP Urban Planning Advisory Team ‘East Lake Scenic Area’ commissioned by the Wuhan Planning and Design Institute in Wuhan (China), March-October 2012.
- Coordinator and team member of the ISOCARP Urban Planning Advisory Team ‘Perm Science City and Knowledge Hub’ commissioned by the Perm Region (Russia), July 2012-March 2013.
- Spatial development strategy, urban design and landscaping the transformation of the Steenen Poort area, commissioned by the Municipality of Houten.
- Spatial development strategy, urban design and landscaping the area for the Merletcollege, commissioned by the Municipality of Cuijk.
- Spatial development strategy and urban design for the retail area Het Kwadrant in Tiel-West commissioned by Berginvest Projectontwikkeling, Zuidwolde, and Tiel SCW Social Housing Cooperation.
Publications, Quotations, Keynotes and Workshops in English 2011-2012
- Presentation and panel discussion: ‘Key Issues of Liveable Cities’, planning talk, moderation panel discussion on liveable cities, Metropolitan Solutions Forum, Hannover Messe, 7 April 2011.
- Seminar: ‘Chinese-Netherlands Technical Seminar’, 47th ISOCARP Congress Liveable Cities – Urbanising World, Wuhan, China, 24-28 October 2011.
- Presentation: ‘Exchange of Knowledge and Experience in City Planning and Implementing Mega Projects’, Perm Forum 2012, Perm 3.0 – New Development Trajectory, economic conference, Perm, Russia, 18-21 April 2012.
- Keynote and workshop: ‘The Dutch Mountain, Sustainability Comes in Strange Ways’, REAL CORP 2012 Re-mixing the City, Towards Sustainability and Resilience? Schwechat Vienna, Austria, 14-16 May 2012.
- Publication: Martin Dubbeling and Michaël Meijer. ‘Energy Transition and Sustainable Spatial Development in the Northern Netherlands’, paper for REAL CORP 2011 Change for Stability, Lifecycles of Cities and Regions, Essen 2011, and 47th ISOCARP Congress Liveable Cities: Urbanising World, Meeting the Challenge, Wuhan 2011.
- Publication: Martin Dubbeling. ‘Wiki Planning for liveable cities’, in ’Scape 2-2011, the international magazine for landscape architecture and urbanism, page 8-9, 2011.
- Publication: Martin Dubbeling. ‘Roadshow Lectures, Polis symposium on sustainable urban design’, in Atlantis, Magazine by Polis, Platform for Urbanism, #22.2 August 2011, page 52-53.
- Seminar: ‘Results of the UPAT Workshops in Wuhan and Perm’, 48th ISOCARP Congress Fast Forward, Planning in a (hyper) dynamic urban context, Perm, Russia, 10-13 September 2012.
- Keynote: ‘The Changing Role and Position of Urban Planners’, IVth Congress of Polish Urbanism, Lublin, Poland, 19-21 September 2012.
- Publication: Martin Dubbeling. ‘The Netherlands in Transition, The Planning of Low Carbon, Sustainable and Liveable Cities in the Utrecht Region’, in ISOCARP Review 07 Liveable Cities Urbanising World, Chris Gossop and Shi Nan (ed.), Routledge, page 60-89, 2011.
- Quoted in: Jeremy Dawkins. ‘Beyond Cities: is an urban planet even possible?’ in ISOCARP Review 07 Liveable Cities Urbanising World, Chris Gossop and Shi Nan (ed.), Routledge, page 112-131, 2011.
- Lecture: ‘Planning in a Multi-Culture World’, joint session Urban Planning Society of China (UPSC) and ISOCARP, Annual National Planning Conference, Kunming, China, 18 October 2012.
- Keynote: ‘Innovation in Planning, Forum of Planning in a Transforming Context’, Shantou, China, 20 October 2012.
- Lecture and workshop: ‘Sustainable Urban Planning and Design in the Netherlands’, lectures and 36hrs student design workshop, College of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, PR China, 23-24 October 2012.
- Publication: Martin Dubbeling. ‘Report (Perm), Fast Forward!’, in ’Scape 1-2012, the international magazine for landscape architecture and urbanism, page 12-13.
- Lecture: ‘The Changing Role and Position of Urban Planners’, Architecture and Urban Planning in Belarus, Challenges and Perspectives International Congress, Ministry of Education of the Republic of Belarus, Belarusian National Technical University Faculty of Architecture, Belarusian Union of Architects, Minsk, Belarus, 14-16 November 2012.
- Publication: Ric Stephens, Chris Gossop, Martin Dubbeling, et al. ‘Wuhan East Lake Scenic Area, Development Strategies and Sustainability Concepts’, ISOCARP UPAT Report for the Wuhan Planning and Design Institute, December 2012